Shoulder And Neck Pain
Dr. Kimmy Wiley PT, DPT
Co-owner of Peak Pursuit Performance and Rehab
A Message From Dr. Kimmy Wiley PT, DPT & Co-owner of Peak Pursuit Performance and Rehab
wants to know:
Do You Ever Ask Yourself...
“Why Is This Happening To Me?”
“Why Am I Still Suffering With Neck And Shoulder Pain After Putting Up With It For 6 Months – Sometimes More?”
Most people think that when they get Neck or Shoulder Pain, the pain is going to go away on its own. That they’ll wake up one morning and like “magic”, it’ll be as if it never happened… But then 6 months later you’re still living with nagging pain even worse than it was when it came on.
Does That Sound Like You?
Has That Ever Happened To You?
Is This How You Feel?
If You’re Currently Living With Neck And Or Shoulder Pain, Here’s 7 More Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer
Than It Should:
1. You thought it would go away on it’s own – but it didn’t
2. You went to the Doctor who told you to rest and take painkillers – but the pills did nothing to help, and as soon as they wore off neck and shoulder pain struck again
3. A family member, or friend, told you that everybody gets neck and shoulder pain as they get older, so you just accepted it
4. You sought help from other Healthcare Professionals or a Physical Therapist in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help
5. You’ve tried using things like heating pads or TENS but they’ve done nothing to help make the pain better
6. You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your neck or shoulder pain was so bad, but it still irritates you daily
7. You decided to get a few “massages” hoping that would fix the pain, but all they did was feel nice and relaxing, and didn’t do anything to fix it long term
If any of these have happened to you – we would love to help. The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things, means that we know what doesn’t work – which means we are closer to finding what DOES.
Click the Link Below to Speak With a Doctor and learn how we can help you get out of pain.
Phase 1: Tell Us Your Story
Unlike, the experience you often get at the doctor’s office, we want to hear your story. The full thing. No shortcuts. We want to learn about your injury, interests, and how this has been affecting your life.
This is your chance to tell us everything you want– including your health goals and aspirations, no matter how big or small.
Phase 2: Get Some Clarity
We will explain the possible causes behind your injury as well as explain the timeline for recovery.
Our goal throughout therapy is to give you the knowledge and tools to understand how this injury occurred in the first place, how to address it now, and how to prevent re-injury in the future.
Phase 3: Resolve Your Pain and Build Up Resiliency
We work with clients in a 3 step process.
- Reduce the pain and symptoms you’re experiencing
- Find the root cause of the issue and correct it
- Build up your body’s strength and resiliency so that this doesn’t occur in the future
“What Can You Do To Get Rid Of Neck/Shoulder Pain?”...
Well, here’s 4 things you can do:
1. First off, you need to make a decision about getting help. So many people procrastinate for so long, thinking that the neck and shoulder pain will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed…or it gets worse.
2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises – one of the best things to help you ease your neck and/or shoulder pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises – the right exercises given to you by a Physical Therapist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely again quick – and make sure that the problems don’t come back any time soon.
3. Avoid sitting and sleeping in awkward positions – ever woken up with a painful neck? Or, after a long day spent sitting felt tightness in your shoulders? That’s because one of the worst things you can do that adds to neck and/or shoulder pain is sitting with bad posture, and sleeping in awkward positions. It would really help if you were given appropriate strengthening exercises for better posture, alongside hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
4. Get real, “hands-on” Physical Therapy – Physical Therapy is proven to help people with neck and shoulder pain. In fact at Peak Pursuit Performance and Rehab it’s one of the most common issues we see. If your neck and/or shoulder pain is affecting your job, if your sleep is disturbed by tightness or tension in your shoulders, if it stops you from keeping active, or if it threatens your independence and gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends – Physiotherapy can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
So The Next Question Is:
"How can choosing to see a Physical Therapist at Peak Pursuit Performance and Rehab, help you get rid of Neck and/or Shoulder pain?"
If you want to know what it costs – and what availability we have, then please just click the button below and complete the short form